So here’s a snapshot of our first day back to school: 2013-14! Starting from the top, left to right:
- A few of the books we’ll be using this year. Liam was *so* thrilled with the Mini Weapons of Mass Destruction that he thanked me for it multiple times on different days. Pretty much whenever he picked up the book! I think Soda Pop Rockets will be especially fun as we explore rockets with our CC community.
- The Circe Institute‘s “Contemplation of Nature” talk by Andrew Kern is something that I turn to again and again when I need an instant shot of inspiration. I was introduced to it during my very first parent practicum with CC and I can’t recommend it highly enough. I thought it was available to listen to on the Circe website, but I can’t seem to find a link anymore. I did find a transcript that you can read here if you’re interested.
- The Canon lens mug was my teacher’s gift to myself for the first day of a new school year. Here’s to us, fellow teachers! 🙂
- Um…no, these are NOT special clothes that we bought for the first day of school! I guess it’s true that certain traditions like new school clothes are often forgotten (at least at my house) when you have school at home. Oh well, my boys don’t seem to care so why should I?
- No explanation needed!
- I let the boys have PE inside since it was so hot and they chose to do some fun Kinect games.
That’s a snapshot of our first day. Hope yours went well, too!